There’s nothing more refreshing than a blast of sea air, so why not take a stroll along the Promenade, kick the bar at the end (a local tradition) then sit back and watch the waves. You might also like to do one or two of the following:-
- Go for a walk along the Wales Coastal Path to the sandy dunes of Ynyslas.
- Ride on Britain’s longest funicular electric Cliff Railway up Constitution Hill and experience the views from one of the world’s largest Camera Obscuras.
- Steep yourself in history at Aberystwyth’s 12th Century Castle.
- Try tracing your family tree at The National Library of Wales.
- See a show or a film at Aberystwyth Arts Centre, or pop around the corner to the Commodore Cinema.
- Catch the steam train at the Rheidol Valley Railway and visit the spectacular waterfalls at Devil’s Bridge.
- Go on a tour of the Cambrian Mountains with Cambrian Safaris.
- Visit the Cistercian Abbey at Strata Florida.
- Play a round or two of golf at Aberystwyth Golf Club.
- Feed the Red Kites at Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre.
- Explore the Centre for Alternative Technology in Machynlleth, then head a little further north to Corris and King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- Follow the Peaceful Places trail to find the hidden gems of North Ceredigion
- Experience some Welsh Honey Ice Cream in Aberaeron.
- Take a boat trip from New Quay for some dolphin spotting.
- Don’t miss the Starlings when they come home to roost under Aberystwyth’s Pier during Winter
For further information on activities and attractions contact Aberystwyth’s visitor centre:
Aberystwyth Tourist Information Centre
Terrace Road, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion
Tel: 01970 612125
Open Mon-Sat from 10am.