Ceredigion is a beautiful part of Wales to explore and Gwesty Cymru in Aberystwyth is the ideal starting point.
There’s nothing more refreshing than a blast of sea air, so why not take a stroll along the Promenade, kick the bar at the end (a local tradition) then sit back and watch the waves. You might also like to do one or two of the following:-
- Go for a walk along the Wales Coastal Path to the sandy dunes of Ynyslas.
- Ride on Britain’s longest funicular electric Cliff Railway up Constitution Hill and experience the views from one of the world’s largest Camera Obscuras.
- Steep yourself in history at Aberystwyth’s 12th Century Castle.
- Try tracing your family tree at The National Library of Wales.
- See a show or a film at Aberystwyth Arts Centre, or pop around the corner to the Commodore Cinema.
- Catch the steam train at the Rheidol Valley Railway and visit the spectacular waterfalls at Devil’s Bridge.
- Go on a tour of the Cambrian Mountains with Cambrian Safaris.
- Play a round or two of golf at Aberystwyth Golf Club.
- Follow the Peaceful Places trail to find the hidden gems of North Ceredigion
- Experience some Welsh Honey Ice Cream in Aberaeron.
- Take a boat trip from New Quay for some dolphin spotting.
- Don’t miss the Starlings when they come home to roost under Aberystwyth’s Pier during Winter